New beam for 70MHz

P3220010

Last weekend with Leonardo IW0AGX we have built and installed a new antenna for 4m band, a 4.9m boomlenght 6el. LFA. We used the boom and the insulators from an old 5jxx6 Yagi.

The antenna worked immediately without any modification to the measures of G0KSC.

With Alessandro IZ0UME we plot the horizontal lobe and the result is a clean pattern as expected. (Edit: the plot seems suffer from some compression at high levels, I will try to acquire again)

Short test on air, worked HA1YA on meteorscatter and IK5ZWU with nice tropo signal.

The only drawback is the reduction of the elevation of the 2m antenna to maximum of 45 degrees.

plot6ellfa4m

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: